Monday, August 19, 2013

best ever "job" offered to Renzo's parents? hopefully....

After we moved to our new house in Pasir Ris for almost 3 months, I finally have some time to think through one unsolved question that has been bothering us for the longest period of time:
Which primary school should we send Renzo to??

I still couldn't believe I had the courage to read up on the tedious Primary One Registration Exercise procedure 2 years ago, when Renzo was not even 2 years old. But somehow I felt my hard work gets paid off now, because it didn't take me too long to come to the conclusion this time, surprisingly my decision is exactly the same as before:
 
And on August 13, 2012, I received the best ever "job offer" from that first choice school, I am accepted as a parent volunteer with the school!!!!!!

Why do I consider PV (parent volunteer) for this school?
- the school has a history of balloting for those staying within 1km, and we are staying between 1-2km, as long as we fall under Phase2C, we will have to go through balloting. In order to have a peace of mind before P1 registration madness drives me nuts in 2016, I have to secure a space for Renzo under Phase2B
- it is a good way to understand the school better, as I will be working directly with the teachers, students, and other parents. I have heard about parents not sending kids to the school of choice eventually because they have different views about the school's culture and environment after getting to know the school more through PV work
- the school is 5 bus stops away from our house, and there are 5 direct buses going there
- the school has an in-house student care service, although there's no guarantee we could enroll Renzo as there's limited space, at least there is a possibility for us to leave him there without worrying about what is he going to do at home after school, and our helper will be able to focus on housework and fetching Rynus from childcare center by then
- some popular schools do not guarantee a seat for those staying far, even if parents clock a total of 600 hours parent volunteering work instead of the standard 40 hours. I am not exaggerating, read it here. At least the school we are interested in is willing to take in all applications under Phase2B based on history, so why not?
- the 2nd choice for us is also a good choice in actual fact, academic record is not my priority but I do have a 1st choice in mind for various reasons, I want to try my best at least so I won't regret one day

 Then on August 19, just today, a piece of news with regards to Primary One Registration Exercise has been announced, and I got some information to share from these 2 different resources, talking about the same thing of course, on MOE site, and todayonline.

I gobbled up a pack of Loacker's hazelnut cream wafer (30g/154kcal) right after reading this news, seriously, I was lost, and stressed out.

After some further readings and checking with my fellow mummy friends, I figured out that there's really nothing much I should worry about at this stage. What does this piece of news mean and what kind of actual impact it will have for Phase2B, I have no idea and I believe it takes time before I could have a clearer picture. Whether Renzo is able to get into this school under Phase2B, I am not sure, but I definitely can't wait to start clocking my hours and getting to know more about the school that hopefully my sons, or even their children will be studying at in years to come!!

0 thoughts on this article:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 ~ 2011 Watch Renzo Grow | Design : Noyod.Com | Edited by: Gamersaurus | Icons by: FastIcon.com